Insight Publishes First Corporate Citizenship Report
Company values and culture of meaningful connections help businesses intelligently manage IT needs while sustainably transforming for future.
TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--When Insight Enterprises (NASDAQ:NSIT) joined the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Responsible Business Alliance in 2018, the company publicly pledged its commitment to helping businesses intelligently and responsibly manage their IT needs. The global systems integrator of Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ today reaffirmed its role as a good corporate citizen through the release of its first Insight Enterprises Corporate Citizenship Report.
“Insight’s values of hunger, heart and harmony are a simple but meaningful expression of our desire to make the world a better place by connecting people in powerful ways through technology,” said Ken Lamneck, CEO, Insight. “We are uniquely positioned with end-to-end technology solutions to help clients amplify the value of what they do, empowering their abilities to develop better products and services for their communities.”
Insight’s global commitment to corporate social responsibility stems from a purpose of helping businesses operate efficiently while fueling the business with digital innovation. This includes optimising the IT supply chain with more effective, automated practices; running workloads through intelligently managed public and private cloud and data center infrastructure; and connecting workforces via modern solutions that enable employees to realise their full potential.
“Technology opens new doors to innovative ideas, brings people closer together, and enables us to work smarter,” said Wolfgang Ebermann, president of Insight, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). “Smart use of IT also means leaving a lighter footprint on the environment, and our procurement and lifecycle management practices allow companies to streamline operations and grow responsibly.”
Some highlights noted in Insight’s first corporate social responsibility report underscore the company’s community outreach and its ethical and sustainable business practices, including:
- An emphasis on creating a diverse workforce inclusive of teammates from all walks of life and welcoming differing viewpoints. High Teammate Pulse Survey scores earned the company the following recognitions: 2018 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in North America, and the Investors in People (Gold Standard) recognition.
- In North America, Insight’s Reach program – designed to empower children through technology – raised USD $300,000 in 2018 to support Ronald McDonald House Charities, the Make-a-Wish Foundation and Boys & Girls Club.
- U.S. teammates receive two paid days off each year to volunteer for community causes. With 4,800 teammates taking advantage of this opportunity in 2018, this amounted to 76,800 hours of donated work time.
- Insight Asia-Pacific (APAC) teammates in Australia raised AUD $20,000 to enhance technology at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead in Sydney.
- Insight EMEA employs an environmental management system that reduces energy consumption and minimises the generation of waste at the source.
- Insight received the EcoVadis Silver Medal for Corporate Social Responsibility. The company works with clients and partners to drive green IT through strategic product sourcing and procurement solutions that require fewer technology resources.
“While our operations extend broadly across the globe, ultimately our purpose of building meaningful connections to help businesses run smarter comes down to people,” said Mike Morgan, vice president and managing director, Insight APAC. “Nothing is more meaningful to us than showing that we care about our communities, using intelligent technology to enhance the workplace and people’s everyday life.”
To read more about Insight’s social responsibility endeavors and download a copy of the Insight Enterprises Corporate Citizenship Report, visit our Global Corporate Citizenship page at www.insight.com/corporate-citizenship.
For more information on Insight, visit au.insight.com or call 1800 189 888.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organisations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximise the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data centre transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimisation solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimise their operations to run smarter.
Insight was founded in 1988.
Global headquarters are in Tempe, Arizona.
We have operations in 20 countries.
We’re Microsoft’s largest global partner.
We offer support in 14 languages.